How Do Foreigners Book Train Tickets In India

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Albert 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Dan Albert
    Participant

Could someone please explain how to book a train ticket in Indian for a foreign national or how the reservation system works
    I am really confused. I checkup many trains from 2-3weeks which had availability. But when i tried to book it by visiting the train reservation office..they said I cannot book it far in advance.
    They said, I have to join the waiting list by applying early in the morning 1 day in advance of train departure..
    Can someone guide me how to do the reservations?

#1335 Reply

Priyank Bajpayee
    Participant

Well u can book tickets only 4 months in advance or 120 days

#1336 Reply

Vibha Singh
    Participant

Would suggest you to go to station master..he will surely help you out

#1337 Reply

Sayani
    Participant

As far I know, foreign national can book their tickets 1 year in advance.
    Indian railways have reserved seats for foreign toursists so just visit the counter with your passport and ask for foreign quote as
    Their are some other points which you should keep in mind like you can do an advance booking of a train 120 days before, if you are booking the seats from originating station and from the other stations it is 60 days.
    If you are doing a tatkal booking then you have to visit the counter one day before the train starts at 10am i guess. Reach there before 10 am as the cooking starts from 10.
    go to the station superintendent with your passport and he will surely help you out

#1338 Reply

Dan Albert
    Participant

Its a pure chaos i must say..just like the road traffic πŸ˜€

#1339 Reply

Paula McInerney
    Participant

You are right…its confusing Mate. I have been trying to do the smae thing.
    First register on the website then download the cleartrip app and book the tickets. Booking from that app is much more easy

#1340 Reply

Soumitra Ghosh
    Participant

You can do it with a travel agent too… however do ask them about the charges first before taking their help

#1341 Reply

Dan Albert
    Participant

Tried to register online but failed. As it needed an Indian number that I don’t have. Regardless, I completed the booking with the help of a pre-booking agent… he was very helpful and even didn’t charged me much
    Thank you guys for the help πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: How Do Foreigners Book Train Tickets In India
Your information: